Saturday, November 28, 2020

Blog #9: Privacy

    I have grown up my entire life with the internet and modern technology. It is simply all I have ever known. To try and think of what life would be like without having my phone to communicate with my loved ones, my Xbox where I can interact and play games with my friends from miles away, or even this laptop I am typing this blog on is hard to imagine. Since I was young, I have been taught how to put my personal information out into the world, and now I have to hope it does not come back to haunt me. 

    It is crazy to think all of the personal things that a company or a hacker is able to find out about me without ever even meeting me. What is crazier is that that never seemed out of the ordinary to me until a few years ago. When you have lived your whole life under the influence of social media and modern communication and advertisement, everything seems normal. I would never think twice about giving my phone my thumbprint or doing a face scan of me. Now that I am entering adulthood and hope to go into my career and get going financially, I am worried what could become of my data.

https://www.ted.com/talks/ted_myerson_big_data_needs_big_privacy 

10 Tips to Protect Your Business and Customers on Data Privacy Day - Small  Business Trends

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog: Technoloy Pros and Cons/My Internet Presence

      Technology has its ups and its downs. We live in a more technologically dependent culture than we ever have before and this reliance o...